Saturday 12 November 2011

Peanut Butter Cookies 1.0


My gluten-eating husband loves his peanut butter cookies. Well, he loves the ones his mom makes... which, of course, have flour. He had been requesting peanut butter cookies for awhile, and I didn't have a good gluten free recipe, so I decided to try to make one up on my own. So I have been experimenting, trying to create something reminiscent of mom's famous PB cookies.

Peanut Butter Cookies 1.0

Peanut Butter Cookies 2.0

Peanut Butter Cookies 3.0

I have created 3 (well, one I found online) completely different PB cookie recipes. Hubby has a favorite, which unfortunately is different than mine, but I think they are all worth posting on this blog. I will try to describe each cookie in detail so that you can make an educated decision regarding which recipe you want to use.

The first recipe I will share has a chewy and crunchy texture... almost taffy like. They were quite thin and pretty sweet. My husband informed me that they were nothing like mom's cookies, but I thought they were decent. They spread out a ton while cooking and, sadly, lost the signature fork marks applied before baking. I think I used low fat peanut butter in this recipe, so it might turn out a bit differently if you use the regular stuff. This recipe wasn't our favorite, but if you like crispy/chewy cookies, try this one out. And don't forget to let me know what you think! If you try more than one recipe, please tell me which was your favorite :)


Ingredients

1 cup Peanut Butter (watch out for crumbs!)
1 cup Sugar
2 Eggs
1/4 cup Rice Flour
2 T Tapioca Starch
1 T Corn Starch

Directions

Cream together sugar and peanut butter.
Beat in eggs.
Add in flour/starches and mix thoroughly.
Make small balls with your hands and place them on ungreased cookie sheet. (will be sticky)
Bake at 325 for 10-14 minutes.

sticky cookie dough

before baking

after baking - no more fork marks


Peanut Butter Cookies 2.0

Peanut Butter Cookies 3.0 (flourless)

2 comments:

  1. I found your site today while looking for a GF crepe recipe. Yours was the winner of my search and they were delicious! Thanks. Just a quick note about your PB cookies 3.0. I've made this recipe dozens of times and it comes out perfectly every single time. I use a natural PB and it works for me. I don't change anything else, just the type of PB I use. I thought I'd let you know just in case you had questions from others. I promised my daughter that we would make these very cookies tomorrow as she saw your beautiful pics and immediately wanted one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,
    I'm glad you liked the crepe recipe! It is one of my favorites. Thanks for the tip about the PB cookies... I have never tried them with anything other than regular PB, so it's good to know they work with the natural stuff. Enjoy your cookies!

    ReplyDelete