Saturday 1 October 2011

Apple Cinnamon Muffins




Here is another great recipe for fall apples. Muffins are one of my favorite breakfast foods; I try to keep a stockpile of them in my freezer. I have a fairly high success rate with gluten free muffins, so I tend to do a lot of experimenting with them. My light flour blend can be substituted for regular flour in most muffin recipes as long as you double the leavening (baking powder or soda) and add an extra egg. For this recipe, I just altered some of my other muffin recipes to create the right flavours. I used small chunks of apples in this recipe, but you could also try grated apple.

(makes 12-14 muffins)
Ingredients

1 1/2 cups GF Flour Blend (light flour blend)
1/2 cup Sugar
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
2 Eggs
1/4 cup Oil
1/2 cup Milk
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1 cup Finely Diced Apple (peeled and cored)

Topping:
1 Tbsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Cinnamon


Directions

Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
Make a well in the mixture and stir in wet ingredients and apple pieces.
Spoon into 12 lined muffin tins.
Combine 1 T sugar and 1/2 t cinnamon and sprinkle on top of the raw muffins.
Bake at 375 F for around 17 minutes.
Let muffins cool on a rack, then store in freezer.





2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Thank you for the recipes, they look great. I
    Why we need 2 TB of baking powder? Is'n it to much?
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried it with 1 and it's not too much different. I will change it to 1 Tbsp. Thanks for reminding me :)

      Delete